Wheelock seeks New England-headquartered manufacturing and service businesses with positive cash flows. Wheelock considers opportunities in a wide range of sectors and prefers to invest our time and money in areas that are not a focus for traditional private equity firms. Below are representative industries of interest:
Wheelock takes a disciplined approach to identifying, acquiring, managing and ultimately exiting its operating businesses, overlaying every opportunity against its investment criteria.
- Product based manufacturing niches or business-to-business service niches
- Growing industry
- Relatively simple market
- Not a private equity or venture capital focus
- Fragmented market, no dominant player
- Low technology/regulatory risk
- $5-50m revenues, >5% EBITDA (minimum $500,000)
- Owner planning to retire or reduce involvement in day-to-day operations
- Differentiated product offering (barriers to entry)
- Recurring revenue
- Low capital expenditure requirements
Wheelock may relax some of the above criteria under the right set of circumstances.